Sunday, February 24, 2013

Dranking Swamp Water

 I've been drinking an abundance of green tea lately.  For one, I absolutely love all of the health benefits that are associated with green tea.


















Check out this article on Webmd.  Green tea contains an antioxidant, epigallocatechin-3-gallate (EGCG) that helps lower cholesterol, fight heart disease block fat and most importantly inhibit cancer growth and kills cells that are growing inappropriately.  

The second reason why I've upped my green tea intake is also because of the fact that...
C.R.E.A.M./Cash Rules Everything Around Me. 
 Spending $25-$30 a month is not helping me stay on my target with my monthly budget. So something had to give.  I will say, the brand of water that I was purchasing is divine.  I tried to switch to other brands but, they just didn't do it for me.  This was the only brand that I could sit at my desk and drink continually without having to force it down.  I love drinking plain water during my work outs, but I have a hard time consuming ounce after ounce when I'm not being active.  I'm not a fan of 'lemon water' so drinking that everyday is not an option.  I decided to dust off my box of green tea, buy a 2 quart, (64 ounce pitcher) and brew my green tea every day when I'm in the office.  I'll be completely honest, green tea does not taste like your grandmama's sweet tea.  It just doesn't. Is it delicious?  I think so. My friend Cheryl refers to it as "Swamp Water" hence the title of this post.  LOL.  I will say I prefer mine over ice and not warm.  The flavored varieties are my favorite.  I choose to use little or no sweetener; only allowing myself a few packets of stevia each day.

Not a fan of green tea?  Try infusing water with fruits and herbs.  
Cucumber/Mint Water
Strawberry/Watermelon/Rosemary....(yes, Rosemary)

Raise your glass to health!




No comments:

Post a Comment